Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Cancun!!



Hello blog! It's been awhile. I spent the last week in Cancun, Mexico soaking up the sun (and warmth) and thought I would share some of my time there with you. You will be happy to hear that I left Cancun (where the weather was in the 80's every day) and landed in Denver Sunday with overcast skies and a balmy 23 degrees. We got snow here yesterday (awesome commute by the way) so I am back to reality. PERFECT time for a blog entry to get my mind back to the beach...

Tuesday, February 2nd

I arrived in Cancun late Tuesday afternoon. This was my first time out of the United States so customs/immigration was a new experience for me. I made it to the resort around 5:30 in time to find Shelley already in the pool! After a huge hug (travel clothes now soaking wet) I knew vacation had begun. After getting a beer from the resort pool bar I headed upstairs to get changed for the evening. Dinner Tuesday night was spent at the Japanese restaurant and then drinks at the outdoor bar. Ahhh paradise.



(picture of the Resort)

Wednesday, February 3rd

Wednesday we woke up early and headed down to breakfast. After breakfast we met up with everyone in the lobby to head to our destination: Catamaran boat trip for the morning! We went out on the boat and spend 1 1/2 hours sailing around the ocean. We stopped outside of Isle Mujeres and went snorkeling. I saw SO many different kinds/colors of fish, coral, starfish, and even a baracuda! This was a huge step for me as usually I won't even jump in a lake for fear that the fish will bite...here I was actually SWIMMING into schools of fish...they were so close to me I could touch them! The experience was pretty amazing and after we were done we stopped on the island of Isle Murjeres to shop and walk around. Then it was back to the boat for a sail back to Cancun. Wednesday night we had dinner at the Brazillian Restaurant at our hotel. It was an early night for everyone as we were all tired from the full day and the wedding was Thursday so everyone wanted to feel their best!








(picture of us on the boat, on the beach before the boat, and at the Brazillian Restaurant).

Thursday, February 4th

Thursday was a big day (for the wedding party, anyway)! Shelley left me in the morning to go get her hair done and I had a nice day by the pool. I was reading the last Twilight book (and almost at the end) so I spent the day reading and relaxing. Around 2PM I headed upstairs to get ready and then went over to Wendi's room where all the bridesmaids were getting ready with Wendi. I took pictures of Wendi with her mom and dad and all the girls out on the balcony. I also took pictures at the wedding with Wendi and Shane's nice camera so that they could have some pictures of their big day! That night we had dinner at the steakhouse at the resort and then headed to the outdoor bar and then the DISCO (yes, it's called a disco) at the resort to dance the night away! The wedding and day were perfect!



(picture of Shelley and me before the wedding)

Friday, February 5th

Stayed up too late Thursday...had to sleep in. Shelley and I headed down to eat lunch around 11 and spent the next couple hours by the pool. Around 2PM a storm rolled in and the rain started falling. It was a perfect excuse to spend the afternoon napping and watching movies. We took it easy at night too...nice day to recover from the wedding craziness!

Saturday, February 6th

Our last full day in Cancun and we made the best of it! We woke up early and headed downstairs to find a GORGEOUS day before us! We had breakfast outside by the pool and then laid by the pool to soak up some sun. At 10AM Shelley and I had appointments to get massages at the hotel spa (wonderful), and then we headed back to the pool. We ate lunch (theme of the vacation, lots of eating, laying around, more eating, and drinking). We then headed down to the ocean to swim around and then it was back to the pool bar! The resort had a swim up bar which I thought was the coolest thing ever...so you will see many pictures documenting this! They also had an "infinity" pool which looked right over into the ocean...it was so neat! Saturday afternoon we went upstairs and got dressed for dinner. We headed off the resort with a big group and did some shopping and went and had dinner at an authentic mexican restaurant "Calypso's". It was a great time and the owner of the restaurant even lined us up a row of tequilla shots to take behind the bar in celebration of the bride and groom! This was a perfect way to say goodbye to Cancun.








(pictures of the ocean, laying by the pool, swim-up bar, and last night in Cancun)









Sunday, February 7

Sunday morning Shelley and I woke up at 3:45 AM to meet our shuttle to the airport in the lobby by 4:30AM. My flight left at 7:45 and Shelley's left at 8AM. It was so sad to leave Cancun behind but what a trip! I can't wait to plan my next tropical vacation....

No comments:

Post a Comment