Friday, January 8, 2010

Decisions...




Good Morning blog! Are you surprised? Post #2 of 2010 has officially begun. I'm a little surprised at myself even...but I guess that is what resolutions urge you to do (actually stick to them, for the first couple weeks at least). I remember in college I would go to the fitness center on campus...and I would always get SO angry in January because the "lose weight resolutions" would cause crowds in my gym and I would always have to wait for a machine. Although, I will say, it was entertainment to watch people slowly drop like flies...the gym usually got back to normal around mid-February. SO this post is dedicated to the hope of posts after February!

DECISIONS

Today I have been thinking about my future...mostly centered on the decision to go back to school. My undergrad was spent at the University of Iowa and I loved it. My degree is a bachelor's of business and I also received a minor in studio art. I had high hopes of working in marketing but, as many things do, did not pan out like planned. I have spent the last year considering the option of going back to school and it actually makes me really excited. I am still considering my options...law school, Masters in Health Administration, and lastly Pharmacy. I am attracted to the idea of Pharmacy school, however, would need to go back and finish up some undergraduate pre-pharmacy credits. This brings the first of many dilemas...

Dilema #1: Going back and taking undergraduate level classes as a graduate student (someone with a bachelor's degree) is considered a non-degree seeking student status. This means I can't qualify for financial aid and would have to pay for school out of pocket. Ouch.

Dilema #2: The move: I would like to continue my education at the University of Iowa and that would mean moving back to Iowa for the next few years. Not horrible sounding... until you consider I now have a boy and a dog to think about. Not understanding? Try contemplating making someone move to Iowa who grew up in balmy North Carolina...

Dilema #3: School for 4-5 more years. This is a huge commitment. Am I ready? I would finish school the May before my 30th birthday. This means putting off a lot of life decisions for the next few years. However, the income potential after school (and you know, enjoying my job) are huge pro's.

Decisions Decisions. What would you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment