Thursday, January 14, 2010

Mountains in my Future?



Good Morning Blog! Another beautiful day here in Colorado. The weather has been in the upper 50's and sunny all week and the weekend promises the same. *Happy Sigh* this is why I love Colorado.

Some progress has come since my last post. Matt and I have talked a bit about moving/job change/scenery change/life change/school change in the last week and I've done a lot of thinking myself. I applied to the University of Iowa as a non-degree seeking student (to go back and finish some of those pre-pharmacy credits) and found out that I will no longer be able to apply as an in-state resident. I immediately took this as the sign I needed that Iowa is probably not in my immediate future. I've really been trying to put ideas out there for the universe (and a higher power if you believe in that sort of thing, which I do) to help me make some of these big decisions. I loved the University of Iowa and the more I think about it the more I like that Iowa City will be my first home away from home...and maybe its good that it stays that way. I will continue to always go back once a year for a football game (Go Hawks!) and any other chance I can get during trips back to Iowa to see family/friends. Iowa City will always be close to my heart but I think in the next couple years I need to continue to move forward, to experience new places and new things, and accept the challenge of a new road.

That being said, I now have a couple of NEW options to consider...

#1: Making a move to the mountains. Matt and I have often joked around about the idea of living in the mountains and finding jobs merely to pay our bills and pay our rent. Why not? I found out I can take my pre-pharm classes at Colorado Mountain College for $45 credit hour, how awesome is that? Not to mention Cooper would love all the new hiking trails and we would love the ability to get up and go snowboard anytime there was some fresh powder (without the hassle of driving from Denver! First tracks? We could ACTUALLY do that)! Plus how fun to not have to worry about being a "big kid" for a year...just the thought makes me smile.

#2: New State. Something inside me is very enticed by the idea of packing a bunch of our stuff in storage, taking what we need, and traveling to a new place. Some ideas that we've thrown around are Portland, Oregon and California. Moving more West seems ideal...although we are moving farther away from family which in my mind is the biggest negative. I think Colorado will be my forever home, however, I know I want to travel and see new places before I put down permanent roots here.

Our lease is up at our apartment in June so we still have a couple months to figure things out and make some decisions. Who knows - we might still be in Denver next year. But for now I'm open to the opportunity of a change and if it happens I intend to embrace it fully every step of the way.

Until next time.

A

No comments:

Post a Comment