Friday, January 15, 2010

Travels 2010



Happy Friday blog! A 3 day weekend lies ahead (Thank you MLK JR) and the weather forecast is saying sun and upper 50's (awesome). I had planned to snowboard this weekend but now am rethinking this plan as I had a vision of myself in a leg cast laying on the beach in Mexico (in 2 weeks!) and have decided I wouldn't enjoy those tan lines. So I see a lot of cleaning and laundry in my future (plus the fist use of my new vaccum cleaner!) And yes I'm far too excited about the prospect of the "pet hair" component. Also, the Vikings play on Sunday against the Cowboys to advance in the playoffs! I. CAN. NOT. WAIT. Go Vikes! Anyway, since I was thinking about Mexico (and all that warmth and sun) I thought I would share some of my travel plans for 2010 (both planned and hopeful):

1. Mexico: I only mention it once or twice a day. I head to Mexico (my first trip out of the country) on February 2! My best friend from like forever (I think we figured out we've been friends for 18 years already) has invited me as her date to her sisters wedding. I am SO excited to see Wendi get married as I have a lot of great memories with the Butler family and am glad I get to share in this one too! I think it promises to be a pretty crazy and wonderful time.

2. Lavoiefest: This is a yearly snowboarding reunion for Matt and some of his family (cousins, siblings, etc.) that usually happens in March (over Spring break time). I'm not sure if it's going to happen this year...but I always have a great time with his family and usually its full of snowboarding, music (have I mentioned his entire family seems to be musically inclined), and fun. SO this is a hopeful event for this year.

3. Uncle Jerry's 80th Birthday: Back to Iowa to celebrate the birthday of my favorite Uncle! My family is awesome. This should be a great time if everyone comes!

4. Ashley's bachelorette party/Wedding: Asheley's bachelorette party in Chicago in July and Wedding in Iowa City in August. Not only one of my favorite people these events also encompass two of my favorite places. I can't wait to see Ashley get married!

5. North Carolina/Rhode Island: Matt and I have gone up to the northeast for the last two summers and spent time in Newport, Rhode Island with his cousin. I hope we can continue the tradition this year as this part of the country is BEAUTIFUL and I feel like everytime we go I love it more and more. We defenitly need to make a trip to North Carolina this year to see Matt's family as we have not been since last year. Summer seems like the best time to visit (Matt's family lives on a lake and his sister lives by the ocean), however, the temps are always pretty balamy to me (with my Iowa roots as a comparisson).

6. Thanksgiving/Christmas: These holidays are still up for grabs. I'm thinking a Thanksgiving holidy with both of our families would pretty awesome...might have to see if we can make that happen.

Hopefully some other short trips will make the list this year. With plans of movin and schooling still up in the air a lot could change... traveling is one of my favorite things and I hope we'll be able to make 2010 a good one.

1 comment:

  1. You are toooooo cute! And quite the good little blogger :)

    ReplyDelete